LEEVON

Re: Snagged one...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylow53 View Post
looks like a 52 or a 50
nice
what did you pay for it?
GT
Title says it's a '50. I didn't study the trim tag, not sure if you can date it with that? As far as the price, he wanted $1100 we agreed at $900 which I figured was what he had in mind. Now if my dear old Grandpa was still around we probably would have went home with the truck and a new set of tires or something for just the change in his ashtray and a couple of fishing stories. Legendary wheeler and dealer he was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 806em55 View Post
I wish any of the three that i bought would have been in that good of shape. You look to have a great starting point and i am anxious to see this take shape. Good luck!!!!
thanks!

Okay, I just got sentimental thinking about my Grandpa, he always loved these trucks and he wanted me to have one. He gave me a die-cast model of a '48 that sits in my office. Lots of people called him Popeye because he was short and had huge forearms. So the truck now has a name - "POPEYE".

Last edited by LEEVON; 07-17-2010 at 11:30 PM.
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote