View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 03:44 PM   #2
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: PCV/ Vacuum Help

With 11:1 I wouldn't think your on the street all that much (or have a lot of cash around for drum fuel) Have you considered a header evac system? or a vacuum pump? Vacuum helps with cylinder sealing by keeping crankcase pressure down, keeps the motor nice and dry and clean. I run a Aerospace pump on my Nova and simply LOVE it. Doesn't get too crazy and collapse the pan (BIG issue if you running a wet sump pan)

If the 11:1 isn't going to be issue and your on the street, I highly suggest a PCV,, even if you have to convert to a manual master cylinder. I tun manual brakes on my 66 with 72 truck disks on the front (75% of your stopping power) and just Willwood disks on the rear. It will stuff your nose in the windshield if you want.

Or, one of the vacuum canister kits for cars with low vacuum. Then you can port in wherever you want. A buddy even bought one of the electric vacuum pump / canister kits. It worked OK but myself,, I'd go manual before I went to all that headache.

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote