View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 11:12 PM   #45
Dan in Pasadena

Re: My '46 Chevy Pickup - The Innaugural Pre '47 Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd68Chevy View Post
Dan,
The rusty looking strip with the two hole is the center structural bow that fastens into the cab from door frame to door frame in the middle of the roof.
I've got that one; it looks the same too!

Quote:
The part with the 180 bend bolts to the rusty strip and yes the headliner slides into the groove.
So you're saying this attaches to the center structural strip? How can that be right? There are TWO cardboard headliner panels so it would need to have a 180 degree bend on EACH side. Even if I were using the later, single headliner panel, it wouldn't make sense. I must be misunderstanding you.

Quote:
In the fourth picture that shows the ends, the hole in the gray part would screw to the little single hole in the rusty strip.
Are there TWO of the 180 degree bend strips in the middle of the roof? And the two adjoining 180 bends would show because they'd be butted together back-to-back?

Quote:
There is also a strip in the rear that attaches to the rear panel around the back of the cab and window (not pictured).
I don't have this one but I assumed it would look more or less identical to the front one but your comment about the window kinda confuses me. I need to go look at my window location in relation to the headliner again.

Quote:
Then there is a front strip that attaches to the panel above the windshield (not pictured)...
I have this one. It's essentially flat but has a rolled detail line along each long side, right?

I sincerely appreciate your help and advice with this, Dan
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote