View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 01:06 AM   #21
Bruce88

Re: It’s Just A Pickup

Finding room to build or just a early spring clean up
I envy the guys with large shops and room to work on things with out having to move things around just to work and places to store things (there never seems to be enough room regardless of shop size) (smile)

As I’ve been stripping the old cab of all the parts that I will be using. Its reached the time for me to definitely gain room and access to other areas that will need work. I new from the beginning of this build that the old cab would not be used because of all the major rust in it, but preferred to keep it inside until all the parts where stripped from it to prevent any additional damage to the parts from the weather and outside elements.

The old cab is removed from the frame and relegated to the back yard awaiting a time in the future for it’s trip to the scrap yard. Anybody in the area wanting to cut peaces for their build from it are more than welcome (free). It’s a must see in person to determine if a chunk of it might be use full for your build (no I’m not going to make the call or ship any part of it) PM me if you want to come over and see if there’s anything you think you could use from the cab. The cab is completely stripped to include the dash the only thing left in it is the gas tank broke front window and back window.

Name:  Stripped-Cab.jpg
Views: 6385
Size:  80.2 KB

With all the welding and grinding of late the shop is a total mess, the grinding dust gets every where. Being a relatively nice day and having some friends over rolled the truck outside and pulled the cab and before rolling the frame back in cleaned and did some reorganizing. Yes it will be a mess again soon but it’s always nice to continue the build in a relatively clean shop [I use the word relatively in a very lose way (smile)]

Name:  Cab-Removed.jpg
Views: 6373
Size:  89.1 KB

With all the associated passenger rocker panels now welded in and a small amount of grinding left to do on the rocker it’s definitely a needed brake from fitting, welding, and grinding. I only see a few other items that will need welding like installing the dash but Ill get to that later.

A form member (lyrikz) came over and picked up a free bench seat from me today. Glad to see that it found a new home with somebody that can use it other than the scrap yard. You might enjoy checking out his build thread (My build. Project Karma. 71 stepside) http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=290854