Thread: My 93 CCSSB
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 09:46 AM   #297
FastEddy

Smile Re: My 93 Crewcab Build

the 88+up frames are tapered in the rear behind the cab, making just moving spring hangars difficult....the 88+up 1 ton dually chassis cab (ordered without factory box) have straight frame rails, 34 inches apart, to accept aftermarket bodies, and are very easy to shorten/move spring perches around...I can take pictures of both frame configurations, as I have several of these trucks. Now if I can figure out how to post a image on here, I have a real nice GM diagram showing all measurements/configurations...will try to attatch...Nice pics and job Scott, on shortening your crewcab...I found this thread looking for info on doing my 94 GMC 1 ton Dually Crewcab 4x4, but my plan is to use a chassis cab rear frame section, along with the narrow dually diff from the chassis/cab (will tub the box inside) to have dual wheels without the big dually fenders...did this on a 87 and liked the look...now to find time to do it someday...have all the parts......also, Scott, when you moved the spring hangars forward, how much did you have to move the spring perches out on the axle? (am guessing you had to move them out because of the frame tapers wider toward the front)...
Attached Images

Last edited by FastEddy; 02-06-2010 at 10:34 AM. Reason: read the rest of the posts...
FastEddy is offline   Reply With Quote