View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 02:36 AM   #44
Stitch
Account Suspended

Re: Someone tried breaking into my garage.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymotocross View Post
Ok guys. I covered the garage door windows by taping paper over them. Temporary, I'll use some tint later. I brought the bike back into the garage, out of my basement, since I can't really keep it there, and chained/locked it to the support pole in the garage. I also put locks on every garage door but then realized if there is a fire and the garage is the only way out.... we would be in lots of trouble soooooo, we are getting an alarm system installed.

We are also going to install pieces of metal at the top center of the garage doors, where they tried prying. This will for one hopefully straighten them back out, and make it pretty hard to pry open to get to the latch.

I plan on getting a pistol permit when I get back from Air Force basic training. If I'm going to learn how to shoot there, I'd like to own one here at home. Of course in the process I will learn all the laws etc, but unfortunately, it seems criminals have more rights than the homeowner when it comes down to shooting. I mean, cops in my area go through lots of trouble when they shoot and kill someone. Then again, a dead man can't talk but still, it's risky.

Here is a great video of how easy it is to get into a garage like mine. I think the only reason the thieves at my house were unsuccessful, was due to being startled by us at home and/or lack of tools. YouTube- Breaking into a Garage
I have carriage doors on my garages and glad for it now that I see that video...wow that's amazing...but the motion detector would still get them...
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote