View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #6
lyrikz
PITbut

Re: 2004 yukon xl tranny slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo297 View Post
Sounds good Now I just have to determine what it is going to cost to fix. My alfa is very tempermental on the type of gear oil and engine oil needed so I am familiar with the subtlety. I just was not aware for my yukon that I needed to use anythingelse other than making sure the brand I chose said it was for that year model gm. Live and learn. Do the clutch packs, solenoids, bands etc. come as part of a rebuilt tranny as a unit? It seems if there is no specific electronic component or solenoid that affects 3rd and 4th gear I'm looking at putting a rebuilt transmission in. Since it shifts into 3rd and then slips I am assuming it is likely clutch pack unless someone can advise me otherwise.
I would have it rebuilt completely since its out... Most shops i use, have found known deficiencies in the transmissions so they do things in those areas to make them better. So when you do have yours rebuilt, or get a rebuilt one they are better then the original. Im not sure if your tranny fits that scenario.

Also depends on your budget... If it slips in those gears, slap a clutch pack in it and drive it.. But that just seems shady ya know... Good luck.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=676047

My new YOUTUBE channel.. Videos of my truck and a current walk around.
Lyrikz74 Youtube channel DONE! SOLD!

My 1971 stepside build thread
My Build Thread UPDATED 6/11. DONE
and sold.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote