View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
2fast55

Needed a new toy. Why a Blazer? Why NOT a Blazer?!?!

After I sold my last truck (94 F150 4x4), I needed a new toy that would go anywhere I want, and do anything I asked it to. So the search was on...... I had a select few requirements: 4x4, more interior room than a standard cab pickup, and decent power/towing capability. After looking at lots of fancy rides WAY out of my price range, and too much "junk" that I could actually afford, I decided to hold out for a 1st gen Blazer. I finally found a 72 for the right price a few weeks ago, and had it towed home.

It definitely has its problems, but it was not much worse than ones I saw listed for 4-5 times the price around here. Some rust in the rockers, but not near what I have seen repaired in other builds on here. I figure it will be good practice for all the work I will have to do on my 55 stepside when its turn comes. Anyway, more pictures:

Yes, someone stuffed a truck bench in the back, I have no idea where the original rear seat went. I hardly got into the pile of parts in the back when I bought it. It appeared to have most of the missing parts buried back there somewhere.

A previous owner kept the engine (and unfortunately all the accessories), and cut a lot of stuff when they pulled it.

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein

Last edited by 2fast55; 01-31-2011 at 04:03 PM.
2fast55 is offline   Reply With Quote