View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 09:52 PM   #11
Cole Trickle
C-10 Club Member

Re: Difference in ride height for 2WD vs. 4WD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970FathomBlueMalibu View Post
I just ordered the 2.5" leveling kit today. Starting to get pretty excited about doing some things to my truck, since this will be the first things I've done in the 2 years I've owned her.

BTW, Cole, did you have GM custom-make a program for your truck, after changing the tire size?

My brother doesn't think it's necessary with these tires being 2.5"- 3" taller, but I'm on the fence about it.

He can easily modify the tire pressure limits, if I run anything different with the new treads.

What kind of pressures do you run in yours?
I havent done anything tuning waise at this point. The speedo is probably off by 5-7 mph at freeway cruising speed.Truck drives and shifts fine...plus the good news is its showing less mileage being put on the odo.

You will need to swap your tire pressure sensors to the new rims/tires. it tells you how to manually re set them in the manual. if you need any help let me know.

There are a couple options for tuning....easy hand held (diablo sport.superchips) more advanced you could get a custom tune with hp tuners.

Congrats on the upgrades.....did you pick wheels/tires yet?
Cole Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote