View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #69
chevyrestoguy

Re: What I've been working on....

Funny you should ask! I was over at the suspension guy's shop last night checking on the progress and I didn't have my camera. He had a Dually he was finishing up, so he hadn't spent much time on my truck until yesterday. The lower 3-Link bars are built, and he's sent off the link brackets to the shop to be laser-cut. We bounced some ideas off of each other, and because I have a narrowed rear end with a large tire (15.50 wide), packaging all of the components is going to be a challenge, and he's got some ideas that are going to look trick and work awesome. Plus, he's going to tig weld everything, and his welding is so tight and consistent that it looks like a robot did it. I am really excited.

I am going to go over tomorrow and work on it, and I'll take pictures and post them up. I think you'll like them. I am a stickler for aesthetics and build quality, and so far, it's exceeding even my expectations.

Quote:
Yes, he's back at it! I was one of the guys who was "stealing" his time of working on his own truck! He helped me finish up the 'Camino I was building and has helped me many times on my '49 truck. I told him as soon as I wrap mine up in the next couple months, I'm coming over to get the body work done and get it ready to paint and help him finish the truck. It's been a lump in his garage for FAR too long and he deserves to be cruising it! I'd love to see it driving next to me on the way to Bakersfield for the reunion in October!
I've got to hand it to this guy....if it wasn't for him, my truck would still be a "cadaver" in the garage! He's been on me for a looooong time to get motivated on it. We go back a long way (23 years) and he's one of the few guys that thinks the way I do when it comes to hot rods. He's also my wrecking yard "recon" partner, and if you don't know by now, I LOVE hittting the yards! He's an incredible painter and pinstriper that should be posting up more pictures of his work.......(hint hint).

We've got some trucks in the works that we're teaming up on as a business venture, and we'll post up pictures as they come together. You'll like 'em!

Last edited by chevyrestoguy; 04-16-2010 at 07:39 PM.
chevyrestoguy is offline   Reply With Quote