View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #202
AJs72K5

Re: AJ's '72 Cruiser Crawler Build

UPDATE 4/17/10: Heep Extraction Point I've been traveling a bunch for work again lately. But, I've been accumulating a few things here and there. This weekend's project was to put a hidden hitch on this weekend. Like everything else on this truck, it wasn't a straight bolt on...."adjustments" had to be made.

Early Classic Enterprises Hidden Hitch. Very nicely made.

Those that are running a shackle flip will see here where I ran into issues. The holes for the bottom of the shackle flip didn't line up with those for the hitch. New ones had to be drilled thru the shackle flip and the frame. But because the shackle flip is sandwiched between the frame and the hitch, I had to make a small spacer for the #1 hole. Ultimately, both the shackle flip and the hitch should be stronger since they're both tied together.

Installed. This is probably the closest pic most people have seen of the true fire on the tailgate.

With the bumper in place.

I took the gas tank out (it'll be going up for sale soon) to make the install easier. There's a few things to do on the firewall, then it'll be time to start measuring for the EFI fuel cell.

Gray Matter Build - 1972 K5 with some stuff
AJs72K5 is offline   Reply With Quote