View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 09:14 AM   #21
Monte Carlo Man

Re: 07 Silverado Tire PSI Monitor going crazy!

Yes '71 GMC - that is true. But every problem has a solution.

My point is that when you learn a tire position and then you move that tire, the computer still knows that tire sensor position and when it is moved, it usually sets off the alarm because even a small difference in tire pressure sets off an alert.

I had a 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Dale Earnhardt car and the first time we rotated the tires, the alarm went off and at that time I did not know how to reset the tire monitors and so I took it down to BOB and he put a new PTCM into the car and then light never came on again. Bob worked for Kuntz Chevrolet.

Don't ask me how, don't ask me why. But Bob knew what to do and how to do it.

I had the car repainted when it had only 1700 miles on it, because a woman who was coming home from her doctors office, took medication out in the parking lot of the doctors office, against the advice of the doctor and passed out on her way home -(less then 8 miles later) and ran into the rear end of my car.
Johnsons Chevrolet Du Bois PA, tore that car down to nothing, even told me that they were going to put a new roof on it - but didn't. Johnsons Chevrolet even put a new trunk in that car.
The only thing left that was original when they were done was the right front fender and door and the floor pan and the right rear quarter panel and the roof.
Attached Images

Last edited by Monte Carlo Man; 04-18-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Monte Carlo Man is offline   Reply With Quote