Thread: carb size
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 10:34 PM   #8
rjs53

Re: carb size

always spins out of the hole, I tried peddling but it goes right to 2nd an is a dog to half track. tried shifting manually but the 700 wont shift when i do the rev limiter is set at 7000 rpm and a good thing as Ive tried this a couple times, each time i have to let off to get it to shift. the block is a standard 1peice gm block the rotating assembly is eagle, forged crank Hbeam rods and pistons are SRP, plasma molly gapless ring. Im running a MT drag radial, slicks would help. The drag radials might hook better once I get my suspension up to snuff. this car was built for the street but one time to the track and like most I want to go faster. Big block springs up front so no weight transfer. all this may be for the best as I still have the original 8.2 under it I did put some superior axles in it. Ive traded a f#%d short block for a 9" rear just need to get the mounts fabed up. 119mph seems to be the norm for this as spinning or peddling it still runs the same. I haven't put the gears in so a 4.56 might be considered. comp promagnum rockers and stud girdles, no shaft mount but I think it will take 7100

Last edited by rjs53; 05-04-2010 at 08:15 PM. Reason: incorrect term
rjs53 is offline   Reply With Quote