View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 09:24 AM   #39
nlped

Re: My "New" '76 2wd TOY...currently un-named

I am definitely dragging @$$ on this project, but I finally got a little bit done. I pulled the rearend out from under the "new" '88 Suburban, because it was howling like a rabid coyote, so I can use it as the replacement rearend for the Blazer. Both are 12 bolts, and the one in the Blazer seems to work perfectly so I am going to put it back under the 'Burb when I get this one back from being rebuilt.

This pic is obviously before being cleaned up and painted, but just so you know, I have actually cleaned on it for about an hour with a 1600psi pressure washer. It had leaks from everywhere, so there was stuff stuck to it all over. I ended up wire brushing it and finally using the ole portable sand blaster and getting in the nooks and crannies. It's now painted gloss black with PPG Gloss Black Alkyd Enamel Commercial Performance Coating.

I also will be going by today or tomorrow to pick up the axles, which have been machined to fit the C5 rotor in the McGaughy 13" Big Brake Kit . And I took the 4x4 Tahoe springs apart and sanded, primed, and painted them with the same PPG paint.

I hope to get the Blazer a little lower by the end of the weekend, weather permitting . I'm going to put the 'Burb back to stock ride height for now, using the Blazer parts... until I can do it up the way I want it!
Attached Images

1968 Chevy SWB Fleet... Walt

1963-1/2 Ford Falcon Futura...Martha
nlped is offline   Reply With Quote