View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
Colins53

Re: 53 Five Window Beach Cruiser Build Thread

Good Morning. Thanks for the feedback. You are correct, the rear end is factory. I do plan on swapping it, but am still considering the options. Leaning towards the explorer, but would welcome any thoughts. Prefer something I wouldn't have to cut down and as you can tell, I am not specifically going for hp here so I am not worried about blowing it out. Other issue for me at that point would be the bolt pattern...I guess I would have to switch the front to a ford bolt pattern as well. Planning for air ride. Good point on the interstate time. I doubt I would have much highway time, but it may still make a difference. Man...I just hate the thought of dumping anything good from the vehicle like the motor.

Anyone watch the Trucks! TV episode where they painted their 49? They called it a fauxtina paint job I believe? Anyone like or dislike that?

Also, are the welder series front ends worth working with? I looked them up and they were priced $100 less than a fully welded model from what I could tell. I am fortunate to have a hot rod shop just around the corner and they are promoting the TCI and Heidt's front ends, which I know are great, but Speedway has them for less. Just curious what everyone thinks of the differences in quality amongst these options.
Colins53 is offline   Reply With Quote