View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 02:27 PM   #273
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILRED66 View Post
Nice write-up and photo-documentation on the BBW conversion. I am going to try the 3M, #8115, Panel Bonding Adhesive. It would make the conversion a lot less labor intensive, with regards to welding, grinding & top-dressing all puddle welds around the perimeter.

A completely restored factory dash cluster with gauges is less than $400.00...including night-glow green on inside of case, zinc-coat on outside of case, non-glare black on face of gauge backing plate, alumi-blast & clear on bezel surround, vinyl gauge faces, polished lens, refinished needles, bench-tested gauges, speedo lub & reset and new lamps. We have done several of them and they look amazing when they are done properly.

You can also purchase them refurbished at:

www.bowtiebits.com
The cheapest I've found the aftermarket re-pop tach kits for is $190. The average prices for clean gauge clusters is $60-100. Add in the labor for clean-up, detailing or polishing, shipping, plus the 'new' tach kit w/shipping & that's where my $400 estimate for a restored 'gauge' cluster & bezel originated. I could be slightly high (or low) on the estimate & I'm not sure on the actual condition of the gauges or what if any warranty there would be.

Let me know if you've got a smokin' deal on something.....
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote