View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 12:49 PM   #275
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Re: Project: Recycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILRED66 View Post
Nice write-up and photo-documentation on the BBW conversion. I am going to try the 3M, #8115, Panel Bonding Adhesive. It would make the conversion a lot less labor intensive, with regards to welding, grinding & top-dressing all puddle welds around the perimeter.

A completely restored factory dash cluster with gauges is less than $400.00...including night-glow green on inside of case, zinc-coat on outside of case, non-glare black on face of gauge backing plate, alumi-blast & clear on bezel surround, vinyl gauge faces, polished lens, refinished needles, bench-tested gauges, speedo lub & reset and new lamps. We have done several of them and they look amazing when they are done properly.

You can also purchase them refurbished at:

www.bowtiebits.com
8115 works really well for things like this. being lazy, I also used it to fill trim holes on a '94 Buick Roadmaster I had once upon a time. It worked great. I bring this up because the trim holes in these trucks are pretty similar. It would save a ton of panel warpage if one was going to fill all of the trim holes.