View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 09:01 AM   #66
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: 71 Blazer "Finishing Touches"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0331grunt View Post
Just checked out your build. Looks great! The family will love cruisin' in the topless blazer for sure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick67 View Post
VA.......hatin you cause the headers look great. Can't wait to get mine. Blazer looks sweet!!!!
Thanks guys. Been slacking on the updates but spending money like crazy.

Purchased the materials for my custom interior (recovering the front utility buckets and rear bench to match in a nice black vinyl and fabric combo, and matching door panels and rear cargo area panels.

Bought all the final paint supplies and the primer, sealer, paint, and clear.

Got a nice used factory tach dash to replace the white gauges and column mounted tach.

Getting ready to place a final order for carpet and misc parts for it.

Did some more sanding and little things like working on cleaning up the wiring, installing the brackets under the steering column, installing the rear bedside braces, cleaning and prepping final parts for paint, and sourceing some good tailgate parts out of my "stash"

Jason has been doing filler work. Has put two to three very light skim coats and sanded down between them. The Blazer is ridiculously straight so there's only been a few spots he's needed to do and a few were minor enough primer would probably have been adequate but while the filler was out he went ahead and gave them a quick skim.

Plan is to do a final 400 grit sand and then spray primer beginning of next week. Then it's block sanding and maybe one more coat of primer depending on how that goes. Afterwards it'll be sealer, paint, and clear. Should be in color in a few weeks

I hope to have pics of the seats next week as well. I will be painting the frames and backs gloss black. I'll get some more pictures as soon as some more progress is made....