View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #12
LEEVON

Re: Project "Popeye"

I'd go with the 6.0, it's getting much easier and cheaper to have a harness made and ecm tuned. You supply the harness and they make it stand alone with usually a 4 wire hook-up. You get a small fuse block with relays and it's pretty much plug-and-play. Wait4meperformance does it for about $360 last I checked. There's a bunch of tutorials about doing it yourself too. Plus consider they are virtually maintenance-free. No setting valve lash, oil leaks, distributors to wear out, etc.

I converted to carb just for looks and simplicity on mine. I have a Edelbrock LS1 Victor Jr Carb intake, MSD 6010 controller and Barry Grant Demon 650. I love the idea of setting timing with my computer. I am going to use the 5.3, I must have been off my meds the other night when I considered swapping for the 350 in my '71.

Word of caution you will have to change out the oil pan, right now mine is by far the lowest point in the front. I picked up an F-body pan cheap but typically the whole set up runs about $250.

Last edited by LEEVON; 07-02-2010 at 09:08 AM.
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote