View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #6
tucsonjwt

Re: Anyone else done with Oriley Auto parts?

I shop online and go to the local Checker/O'reilly if they are cheaper. I like the buy online and pick up in store option. Sometimes you can pick up a discount coupon online for them elsewhere and use it at checkout. They are the only place that had the door strap covers (Dorman) available, and they were the cheapest. I got some cases of oil last year at about $1 a quart.
The quality of all parts, especially aftermarket, has gone down rapidly in the last few years. I attribute most of this to Asian (Chinese) low quality imports. Even OEM GM parts are often imported. I got a Raybestos lower control arm assembly earlier this year from Rock Auto and the slot required for the brake line clip was missing - had to be hacked in manually. No store is consistently perfect.
I have learned the hard way that electrical parts should always be OEM. Spark plug wires should always be Belden only. Everybody has their own experience, but for buying commodity parts, like oil, filters, spark plugs, etc., I shop the cheapest place. Everybody needs to learn to be a savvy consumer and the bad apples will eventually go away.
tucsonjwt is offline   Reply With Quote