View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 05:23 PM   #9
jocko

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

I yanked out the Moon tach (first picture) and put in 'ol faithful: Sun Super II (the rest of the pics). Not sure why I love these old tachs so much, but probably because they are what I had in my cars and trucks when a "bit" younger. Found this Sun Super at the Pomona Swap Meet (an AWEsome swap meet) several years ago - finally found a home for it. The Moon Unit (isn't that one of the Zappa's?) was nice but it wasn't my favorite, it came with the truck when I bought it - it IS nice, but it's one of those new tachs made to look old - like a mid-sixties chevy, etc. Hmmm - wait, that's what I have -but I still like the Sun Super II, the old ones that came out before the "Sunpro days". That's kinda like when AMF bought out Harley Davidson back in the 70's.... Maybe Sun Super Tach will come back too(?) I added quick disconnects in the wiring too so I can pull it if needed to work on other stuff. Maybe I'll set the redline at 7K just to make myself feel good.

Alright, not a BIG accomplishment, but makin it my own. This was much, much cheaper than the stock tach conversion from LMC(!) Maybe someday...
Attached Images

Last edited by jocko; 07-05-2010 at 05:27 PM.