View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 12:10 AM   #24
irishman999

Re: Anyone else done with Oriley Auto parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.monroe View Post
Our local Oreilly used to be called Hi-Lo Auto Parts. That was a long time ago. The guys that worked there did so because they needed a line on cheap parts for their own hot rods. Think employee discount . Then as they grew , the quality of employee behind the counter went down . Now if they cant find it in a computer , it must not exist . I understand that parts have changed over the years but most of these guys dont even know how to change their own oil. I also get that from all of the above mentioned parts stores , not just one . There are auto parts guys here that know what is going on and you can tell which ones they are because the others ask them questions about every thing . The thing I like is that I usually know what part I need and if they give me something wrong , I usually catch it at the counter and have them correct it .
Frank
Good point, when you show up to a parts store your confident in what you need. Everyone i have had dealings with offers no advice or knowledge. Your telling them what you need so here's my idea...

Flip the computer monitors around so the customer can find what they need right quick, have two "parts guys" to ring us up and retrieve the parts from the back. Would this not work better?
irishman999 is offline   Reply With Quote