View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 05:21 PM   #34
irishman999

Re: Anyone else done with Oriley Auto parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG V View Post
well its clear that everyone has problems with oreillys.

i have worked in parts my entire working career, ive owned 2 shop's of my own that sold parts. when you have a cool shop the customers come in and for the most part kiss your ass because they want a bro deal. when you work retail at any or all the parts houses kragen oreillys auto zone napa ect ect just remember every other customer these "krappy parts guys" deal with thinks there owed something and on top of that the customers are usually pissed about having to spend money on there car. so after 1 hour of dealing with 25 pissed off people then one of you walk in, its hard to put on the smiling face. Make friends with these "crappy" sales guys i think you would be suprised how far they will go for you or for that matter give you the catalog you need to find the part you want. i have a crappy sales guy at every parts house for 25 miles ive given a starbucks card to or bought the store pizza on a saturday. if you want good service be a good customer, these guys dont know there head from a hole in the ground but i always get what i need the first time. Next time your in a parts house tell the kid behind the counter your in no hurry and just be nice i think it will pay off in 10 fold and further more if you know where the part is in the store go get it yourself, dont make a scene and get the manager involved explain to the parts guy how the part your buying works if he doesnt know and when its all done shake his hand, hand him your money dont drop it on the table in front of him.I think everyone should work retail for at least a year because there are alot of jerks out there. how many of you have intentionally made a crappy parts guy look bad at his work no wonder you are not getting good service.

word for the wise if you buy cheap parts you get what you pay for.
I see where your coming from but, im nothing but nice to people behind the counter. The day I was called a liar i was ready to make a scene but kept my cool and left, returned later with everything i bought from them wanting a refund. The only decent person they had was a young girl that chimed in and told him "I sold it to him, i remember it was opened". Problem is most of them are not helpful and all their stores have the same general attitude.

The guy i got most of my parts from at Autozone was definitely from another county and middle aged, he was very helpful and professional and it did not matter what he knew about parts. Last trip to Autozone here in New Mexico i bought a Carb kit from some guy who was a self proclaimed expert on the carb and bull chat with me for a while, his young partner was making out with some older lady literally 5 feet away from me which was very strange but it was still better service than going to Orileys.
irishman999 is offline   Reply With Quote