View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 12:52 AM   #43
BIG V

Re: Anyone else done with Oriley Auto parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropd80s View Post
Screw that. I work every day in sales, not automotive, but sales. No one brings me pizza in order for me to have a good attitude about dealing with my customers. It’s my job. Catering to someone with bad business ethics only makes things worse. Every time I run into some SOB at any of the parts stores mentioned with a bad attitude I tell them, If you don’t want to come to work, do us all a favor and stay home. If you don't like the customers you deal with, quit. It's not my fault I expect decent service. I go to the parts store knowing exactly what I need and how to find it, with good intentions and a smile on my face and usually still leave the store without my part. Your best bet is to seek out the mom & pop stores that are left. They are all ways helpful, knowledgeable, good on price and generally have what you need in stock. Their business is their reputation. I would not advise taking the asshat at autozone a Starbucks gift card to congratulate him on his failure to function in his position. Gimme a break.

do you work in wants or needs sales? there is a difference if you sell partylite candles of course your going to have all happy buyers, but if everyone you sell to is upset because they just found out the ac compressor is going to cost them 450.00 of there savings for the bed they were going to buy there wife, there is a difference. However there is a certian age group who thinks the world owes them a favor and like to think they are on top of the world, these are the grumpy ones who cant buy themselves another status symbol pair of 145.00 shoes instead they have to put a radiator in that truck of theres thats your perogative, ask someone who's in there 60's if fast food is perfect, of course not its fast food , get the picture. i do let those kids who are working the dead end job dealing with asshats on a regular basis its ok by buying pizza or starbucks cards wow its only money. it makes there day and i get the correct part every time instead of cryin about it on here. you cant expect a different result if you dont change what you are doing. as for the mom and pops shops out there i would pay them twice as much but the big stores with there 14.99 brakepads has sent them closing there doors.
BIG V is offline   Reply With Quote