View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
bwood

Re: tune up/ mass air flow question

Does your truck still have the cats? Have you noticed any loss of performance recently? The MAF code and misfire codes may be related. It might be worth some money to have a shop run a scanner on it capable of looking at live data and see which cylinders are misfiring. Misfires on just one side of the engine with the MAF codes may point to backpressure issues in the exhaust. Before buying a new MAF, talk to a shop about hooking it up on a scanner to look at the misfires, cat temps and MAF data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinebarger View Post
The coil packs on these truck are very durable. Take the "E3 spark plugs" out & throw them away. Put some NGK or AC delco plugs in it & see what happens.
I have the same opinion of the Bosch products, more gimik than quality. I have had poor performance from the Bosch and E3 products. I have found AC Delco plugs to be the best bet. I have read that NGK produces the AC Delco products. Duralast wires, not real high on my list either (Autozone). You may remove the plugs and see if you can see any fouling or signs of a misfire. If you have access to a multimeter, remove the wires one at a time and check resistance through the wires. They should all be very close to the same reading, especially since the wires are only a few inches long.
2005 Honda CRF250R
2006 Honda CRF150F
bwood is offline   Reply With Quote