View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 08:18 AM   #17
MONTEZ

Re: dealership overfilled my new truck's crankcase!

Beats what happened with my wife's 08 jetta. We take it to the dealer for all maintenece and service. Both the high and low fuel pressure sensors went out at 24.5k miles. We had it towed in to get it warrantied and I told them since it was there to go ahead and change the oil since it was due at 25k. The oil gets changed every 5k so this oil already had 4.5k on it. My wife went to pick up the car and paid it out and stuck the service reciept in the glove box like always.

Well 30k rolls around and she takes it back to have the oil changed again. She calls me pissed off because they told here she missed here 25k oil change and the engine was not only low on oil but it was extremely filthy oil. They told her they would not validate her engine warranty anymore do to negelant ownership. So I make the 1 hour drive to talk to the service manager. He gives me the whole how bad this is for the engine spill. I told him to hang on for a second. Walked out to the car and brought back the receipt showing we paid for the oil cange at 24.5k miles.

Turns out, they changed the sticker on the window and reset the reminder in the dash, charged us for it but never changed the oil. Now the story changes, Oh we are soory sir, but it's full synthetic oil and and extra 5k on it wont hurt it at all. Well of course I reminded them of what they said previously and told them I was going direct to the VW corp with a complaint. Well now I have a free 100k extended warranty and free oil changes till the warranty is out. Being that I doubt we'll keep it that long, I guess it turned out ok in the end.