View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 08:04 PM   #330
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

I'm thinking of changing hobbies..... Anyone have experience basket-weaving?

I still have a rear window gasket that's pinched in the interior corners.... I'm now going to try a different rear gasket from yet another source (3rd attempt). This newest one appears to have 'molded' corners w/the bbw length vs. a 157" straight piece of molding/gasket.

I tried mocking-up the brake lines.... I'm using a collage of year model parts (pre-bent lines) & that doesn't always go as planned. I ordered front lines for a 73-80; front to rear line for a 67-70; & rear housing lines for a 67-70. The first issue I found was there was no 'front' half of the rear line. Apparently 67-70's are considered 2pc thus you need the front & rear while 73-80's are different. Since I ordered the 73-80 front stuff, I'm missing that 'front' portion of line that exits the prop-valve & 90's toward the rear (for the rear brakes).

The pre-bent kit will work as I've mocked them up previously on the PB-DM v1 in my 68 (that's version 1 for those out of the DM loop ). But, the front 'kit' now has to work w/my R&P c-notch reinforcement plates (this is different vs. my other frame/mock-up). I did some preliminary install & needed the control arms, spindle, & caliper in position to ensure everything will co-exist. I grabbed the a-arms only to realize this Dropmember is the revised 'v3' & doesn't use the lower a-arm shafts. Since these arms were originally on my 68 which had the DM v1, the shafts are installed (w/brand new bushings). So.... just to test the fit of everything, I had to knock out a new bushing to remove the shaft (destroying the bushing of course). Now I have to go get another bushing to pop in just to test fit.

I ordered a front to rear fuel line for a blazer. I figured the length difference between the swb truck vs. a blazer could be made up w/a slightly longer rubber line from the tank to frame union. The line they sent is approx the length from the fuel pump area to the back of the cab. No freakin' way it's long enough for a blazer. Now I'll need to splice in some line to fill the gap.

See how well it works for me? 'Scot-Luck'....
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 07-23-2010 at 08:11 PM.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote