View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #10
noonzor

Re: first drag race tips?

k story first haha, funniest thing ive ever seen was at a mudbog in town here. every year they set up a big ol muddy 50ft section at the rodeo and any joe schmoe with a truck can run through it. well there was a cpl pro teams there showing off their big rigs and one team had a female driver (fact she was female may.... eh n/m haha) anyways she lined up waited for the arm drop and BLASTED in reverse haha. the WHOLE crowd was a deep cautious breath in, then rolling with laughter!

anyways, im no pro but heres what ive learned.... if ur gonna do a burnout make sure tires keep spinnin and roll out of the water, dont sit in one spot or tractions gone out the window. pending on ur tires may not even need to do one. if you do make sure and heat them up good, but this doesnt mean its a burnout contest. keep in mind how much you paid for your tires, helps me haha.

do your best to set up in the groove, seen a few cars launch just out of it and it just sucks you in and sideways quick. like said earlier foot to the floor off the last yellow, timing on the launch comes with practise. biggest tip i can give, if you feel trouble get out and keep the wheels pointed down track. i tried i stay in it one time in my old mustang and could swear i could taste the concrete in the wall, didnt hit but got close enuff to give the wall a high five.... not fun....

still havent whiped the smile off my face from my first trip down the 1/4mile, HAVE FUN!!!!!!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=360622

Last edited by noonzor; 07-27-2010 at 03:31 PM.
noonzor is offline   Reply With Quote