View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 10:56 PM   #20
stepside83

Re: tune up/ mass air flow question

well thanks spudz for all the info, my truck has almost 94,000 miles on it its a 2003 with a 5.3 in it, i do have an air aide intake on it, but all of this started to happen before i cleaned it, the maf made check light come on, i cleaned it with what the parts store said to use since i didnt have money to buy new one at time, it worked for about a week, then light came back on, got it checked again said maf sensor bad/dirty something like that, and a random misfire, so i bought new plugs (E3 which didnt know they were bad to have till later on) and wires, which i was gonna do anyways before winter put them in still ran with a mis, went got it checked again this time only came up left side motor mis fire, no maf sensor problem this time on the scanner, the only time the light comes on now is if i romp on it a little bit to around 4,000 rpm's then it flashes and goes out, still not at 100% power still misses with new ac delco plugs i just put in a few days ago, also my truck has true dual exhaust 2 mufflers 1 for each manifold, thats how it was when i bought it a couple years ago never changed it cuz it ss pipeing, not sure if that matters how the exhaust is or not just thought id share thanks again guys youve been a huge help , and spudz i hope this is enough info to better understand my problem and enough to confirm the cats are the problem, im gonna try th o2 sensors this weekend thanks
stepside83 is offline   Reply With Quote