View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 12:06 AM   #373
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

My 'latest' version of front shock brackets are 1/2 way there.

To recap.... I had to make new uppers because I modified the ART lower shock mount (one of the 1st batches of these a-arms). Even tweaking my lower mounting tabs wouldn't work w/PB's DM shock recommendation (either than shock angle would be in a bind situation or the shock made contact w/the a-arm or frame rail).

Since I had to remake the upper mount, I decided to use the Bilsteins I already had on the shelf as they offer a slightly better stroke ratio for my combo. I set the mounts up so the 15.5" fully extended shock is @ 13.5 @ ride height (6.5" bag height). Then, if aired out, the shock will be @ its 10" limit on compression.

I did these w/some basic poster-board templates & copied them to .187 steel. They were gross cut w/a 4" angle grinder & whittled from there so they're not perfect. The pics don't show but I made boxing plates for the front, back, & top.

Sorry for the crappy cell pics. I figured something was better than nothing....
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote