View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 01:24 AM   #79
Reinovator

Re: Anyone else done with Oriley Auto parts?

here's a good one for ya. I was working on 2002 Chevy pick up, it needed a left fender bumper core support and bumper w/ brackets called the chev dealer it all came in the next day (I live 300 miles from the best supplier but get most parts over night) installed every thing except the fender. The painter needed to jam it before installation, this was in late 2002, as I remember. it wouldn't fit. bolt holes not even close, called the dealer and asked whats up, next day he called back and asked for the vin# again then we could here swearing in the back ground. apparently some models, the avalanche I think were made in Mexico and even though they looked Identical for some reason all the mounting is different. Go figure.
I am in no way trying to say that GMCs or Chevys are inferior because the my be assembled or produced in Canada or Mexico. Just beware that some cases the are not American made. Dang it.
What I hate is that I'm made to believe that they are!!! this is what frellin makes me mad.
Either it is or it's not, DON'T MISSLEAD ME!!!
I want American Made!!!
Not American Boxed!!!
When it's in an American company's box, why can't it be an American made part,for cryin' out loud.
Feed America through production here not over seas.

Last edited by Reinovator; 10-10-2010 at 01:26 AM.
Reinovator is offline   Reply With Quote