View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #41
greguw

Re: 1990 GMC Suburban ... Cummins Powered

As I said the pressure pot was the best choice for me . It just took for ever to get everything all cleaned and taped out ... it was worth it in the end .
Managed to get the stick pedal set up in place , just waiting for some under the dash parts before I put the column back in . Just received the new pitman arm for my crossover steering , looks like it will be perfect for my build , its clears the front crossmemer for the cummins .

Build is going to be slow for the next few weeks ... Turns out the axles need a little more than I planed .
Front dana 60 needs basiclly just about everything ... The gears are good and so is the carrier . I was trolling for a set of done axles but only thing I seem to find was other peoples junk ...LOL
So I ordered everything to rebuild my front ... hubs , spindles , Reid knuckles .bearings ...
Then the rear axle had some chips in the gears ... so I planed on swapping out the Detroit locker for a Posi ... I went with a Eaton unit ... I did not need to be tearing up tires . I also ordered a new set of Yukon 4.56 and bearings and install kit .
Found a good deal on tires and wheels so i picked them up also ... I went with Dick Cepek 20x12 wheels and 41" radial Iroks .
Attached Images

Last edited by greguw; 11-10-2010 at 01:44 PM.
greguw is offline   Reply With Quote