View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 06:39 PM   #69
383Ram

Re: Someone tried breaking into my garage.....

I have a couple rules i follow as i live on a busy street and you have a perfect view of my garage thats behind my house, but is clear as day between my one neighbour and myself.

I generally work in the garage with the doors shut. Its rare that you see my garage doors open. If i work outside, the doors are still shut and i go in through the service door.

I don't have remote openers as only the play vehichles are in the garage. I do not feel its an inconveinence to get out and open the door considering my doors are more secure without the openers.

My doors are always locked, with the slide locks on BOTH sides that go through the tracks. Additionally, i have holes in the tracks where i can install pad locks too just above a roller wheel. My service door has a lock AND a deadbolt, with 3" screws going into the jamb, and my hinges are on 3" screws also.

My doors have NO windows, thats what lights are for----and then you'll also appreciate a well light garage that you have when go into your buddies barely lite garage to help him.

I have two smaller windows (long top and bottom and short sides---like a basement window) that are on my back wall. Its going to take some effort to climb up in there to get in, and i am going to add bars that will go through the window jambs, with cross bars that are welded in. I also have that light diffuser stuff they put in overhead flouresant lights on the windows to secure any views in.

If they really want it, they will get it. I don't show off my vehicles in the driveway. It's bad enough my car trailer sits on the side of the garage in plain sight as far as i am concerned. But it too is padlocked and chained in various places. If they want to go through that much effort to get my stuff, then as much as it sucks, I guess they can have it. And better hope i don't find them because i will go to jail for it. But i feel they can hit targets that are FAR easier than mine. Hell, my house isn't as secure as my garage.

454/4 speed, '85 Dodge Ram hybrid build in progress

454, PP heads, Dual 500 CFM cabs, 'Vette manifolds. First time out---spinning for half track

Slooowww build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=348050

Engine build thread at: http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326289

Last edited by 383Ram; 10-30-2010 at 06:41 PM.
383Ram is offline   Reply With Quote