View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 01:16 AM   #16
alabamachevy15

Re: 84 silverado swb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLSPRT68 View Post
Your doing a great job so far!!!!! Have you got new body mount bushings yet? I did this to my truck a few years ago, still looks great underneath! I used a cherry picker for cab/bed removal; how did you do yours? I grew up just east of you in Dothan, Alabama; so I know you can find great trucks and cars down there rust free. David
Yea these trucks in the south are usually in decent shape. As for the body mount bushings I got the energy suspension ones and I just cleaned the metal retainers up for em. I had a time getting the cab off. I used a cherry picker also and took the wheels and suspension parts off the front and just guided it down the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by menace121978 View Post
nice work man! good decision PORing the driverside also its just a matter of time if not. mine had a little surface rust just from wet boots getting in.

and i would for sure recommend a painless kit. my factory harness looked about the same after i tore it out. the painless kit is pricey no doubt but it is worth every penny if you take your time with routing and running the wires.
Yea im gonna suck it up and get the painless. Im going to college for industrial electronics/electricity so I like wiring its not bad. BTW man ur truck is sharp I love the LS motors add a good set of heads and a cam and you have 500HP easy! Very nice build though!
Headers,Magnaflows,K&N,EFI Live,Truetrac,4:10s
84 silverado RCSB
Work in progress
alabamachevy15 is offline   Reply With Quote