View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 12:54 AM   #15
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: NV4500 swap is underway

I appreciate the info Steve.

I agree 100% that is indeed the best and strongest method of doing a 4500/205. I have been looking for a 1985 or newer round adapter 205 for years to do exactly that and just can’t find one (without paying $1000 for it!), which is why I settled for the AA kit. It was my understanding the 4500’s tail shaft has to be shortened a ¼’ or so to mate to round 205, but that would be no biggie. I would gladly do that if I could just find one or empty case for that matter. If I could find a bare round adapter 205, I would keep the AA bell housing and tcase shifter bracket and call it a day. Heck, I have a hydraulic bellhousing for a NV4500 but it is for the internal slave/release bearing type which I am not fond of. Hell, I'd rather have a mechanical linkage than the internal slave.

As you mentioned, I really don’t like the idea using another coupler between the 4500 and 205 again either like the 465 and 205 had. I am not excited about the length of the AA kit either. Nor was I impressed with the folks at AA when I spoke with them on the phone. I ordered my kit through Summit..

I think I’ll give Geartech and Watson a call and see if they have anymore bare round 205 cases left. Is Geartech still around?? Their website looks like it hasn’t been updated in a few years.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote