View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 02:57 PM   #21
snj8198

Re: NV4500 swap is underway

I've been using a line lock as an ebrake for a year or so now. I haven't had any issues but i try not to put myself or the truck into situations that might question safety and i especially would NOT play with someone else's well being. What i do with me may be another story.

With that said i won't argue the safe or not debate as we both have probably read em before. I'm not using it to hang the truck off a rollback flying down a busy street or expecting it to hold on 50% grade. It does everything i want it to do. I plumbed mine into the front and it holds when i slow roll the 35's so that is probably the worst it will have to endure.

I never set up a cable ebrake when i did my 1 ton axle swap years ago. I got tired of the truck rolling away from when i stopped to pee on the back roads, and i liked keeping the truck running when hunting because it usually kept the deer's attention long enough for me to hop out and position where i wanted.

Quote:
So any time you order parts that are being delivered via UPS you are helping me buy parts for my truck!
Well i hope that part never leaves ya stranded on the trail. DAMN that Steve!

Have you tried calling ORD or Gear Tech yet?

Last edited by snj8198; 11-18-2010 at 03:34 PM.
snj8198 is offline   Reply With Quote