View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 03:14 AM   #16
swamp rat

Re: the 71 "break up" build

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacf View Post
i redid alot of my wiring and cleaned it all up but i found three wires im not sure where they go? my truck factory had saddle tanks factory so not sure if they are for those

here are the wires im not sure about they were just bundled up behind the engine not hooked to any thing

Best i can tell the yellow blue wire was probably added for an accessory in the cab?

The wire with the little clamp feet on it i have not been in that area of my truck for 15 years but i do recall there was a wire that was bolted to the bellhousing of the tranny that looks like its probably it, but i will have to search further to figure out the plug.

The other greasy wire is leading me to think it may be the transmission TCS switch, it switches off the IGN advance when your in high gear, look at the side of the tranny and see if you can find a electrical connector that is missing a wire.

I still have not had the time or good weather to go crawl under my truck, i have also been trying to attach a schematic but for some reason it won't attach to this post..
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote