View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 10:05 PM   #6
Erik V

Re: Resurrection of a Family Friend

thanks for the inspirational votes of confidence gang! So I've been surfing CL for weeks in preperation of this, not knowing what was out there. I found a cheap parts pickup that looks to have most of my missing bits, and a good cab and passenger door. ...dont really know what I'm going to do with the cab/glass if I get it though, I really have no use or space for it...and it would be a shame to scrap good 40 year old metal. DC Trucks is local to me in Vancouver, maybe somebody there could use it.

My current plan:

get the heater hose plumbed correctly
change out engine fluids
verify that I'm really in Neutral/Park and start it up

after that:

replace missing shift linkage
replace hand pull parking brake with foot pedal assy
go through the brakes
replace at least one rusty muffler
make sure lights still work
locate/install front drive line

cosmetics/semantics:

figure out why the stereo speakers are MIA/replace
toss out the Volvo front buckets in favor of Sebring Conv. buckets
replace button in o/s pass. door handle
replace rear bumper with Sport style one, or make custom on w/ hitch

Worst case scenario, I'll find myself with a boat anchor of a dead sb350, in which case an unmachined all original sb400 I have kicking around will get freshened up and installed. Decided against trading the 400 plus cash for a running 454 out of an early 70's Chevelle a guy I know has. I want to keep things on a budget, and try not to interfere with my springtime plans of having my other toy on..err...off the road:

I am going to keep an eye out for matching slotted mags to replace the now rusty chrome smoothies on the Jimmy.

Erik
Erik V is offline   Reply With Quote