View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 11:24 PM   #52
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: NV4500 swap is underway

Had a chance to sneak by an all-truck salvage yard about 40 minutes from my house this morning. Man, I think I just found my new favorite salvage yard! I have never seen more trucks for ripe pickin’s in one location in my life! I was like a kid in a candy store. Hard to believe this place is only 40 minutes from where I grew up and I never heard of it before. Actually, the yard is in my wife’s home town of Canon City but of course, she had no idea it existed.

Anyway, I scored a hydraulic clutch/brake pedal assembly from a 1989 chassis cab as well as the rod and other doodads that go between the brake hydrobooster and master cylinder that I needed. Then on my way out I found the NV4500 shifter stick that I really wanted…… A 1992-1994 shifter, as the knob matches the 73-87 tcase knob! Pretty happy about that. Got a bunch of other little things too.

Hydraulic pedal assembly on the left.

Check out this yard (terrible Blackberry pictures)...... this dude has more Squares than Home Depot! I haven’t seen this many square trucks in one spot since I was a kid in the 70’s/80’s drooling at the local GM dealer. He claims to have over 250 squares and 150 88 to ’09 trucks. I love this place!

Chassis cab that I pirated the pedals from….

Got a lot of work to do this weekend now that I have parts!

Last edited by DirtyLarry; 12-02-2010 at 11:25 PM.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote