View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #9
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: Rollcage pics anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by team39763 View Post
Doesn't Marv have his rear bars tucked out of sight...like below the window? I saw one other truck done something like that, but it was a full tube chassis truck......

Yes I do, BUT,, that's also why I have to slow it down to 11.50 and slower. IT AIN'T NHRA LEGAL. You can see the rear bars going through the bed, into the back brace, instead of the main hoop, in this picture

The ROLL BAR OR A CAGE cage MUST have the rear supports, the they MUST attach within 5" of the top of the main hoop, THE MAIN HOOP must be NO MORE THAN 6" above the drivers helmet.

You can put a secondary bar across the uprights 5" below the main hoop to attach to, OR you can bend the rear supports to come inside the cab (through the window) and then turn up the 6" to meet the main hoop.

Option is a funny car cage like Kevin's, I think you can get away without the rearward supports with that type of structure. But even then you will typically see the rear supports through the cab to make the structure rigid. At that level aesthetics are less important than safety!

Of all the welders, grinders, angle finders... the most important tool in building a cage or a bar is the RULE BOOK. Seriously,, have the rule book in your left hand when your cutting tubing stock with the right. That NHRA rule book is a slippery slope.

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.

Last edited by Marv D; 01-08-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote