View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 12:02 PM   #11
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: Rollcage pics anyone?

Absolutely not for anything quicker than 11.50 . It's a issue I fought with NHRA and was able to win over the techs here in Az with help from Division 7 senior tech. The rule states all equipment must pass tech. In short if you 'HAVE' a piece of equipment, it must pass tech, be current, etc.

An example we put a set of expired 3" belts in my son's 14 second camaro. Tech would not pass him because of the expired belts. Now mind you a well installed, but expired 3" harness (and 3 years old) is a heck of a lot better and safer than the stock 1985 GM belts being 20 years old. The rule just did not make sence. But the techs stance was "ALL" equipment must pass inspection. And he was right! They didn't say 'IF IT IS REQUIRED" it just says it must pass. An expired piece can't pass because it's expired so,, FAIL. Same issue with this bar. If I run 11.50 and slower the bar isn't required. I called the senior tech for Division 7 in Glendoria and there is some loophole that 'optional equipment' not intended for competition does not have to be removed as long as all 'reguired' equipment is in place and current for the ET ran. Mike pointed out the roll bar on the Cobra kit cars, the Miada and a bunch of other 2-seaters that had a decroative roll bar. This was back before NHRA moved the roll bar rul;e from 11.99 to 11.49 noting that most of these cars would barely break 14's let alone 11's.

So I guess the answer to what your asking is not a blanket NO,, just NO to anything quicker than 11.50. Slower and it's 'decroative'

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.

Last edited by Marv D; 01-09-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote