View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 08:23 PM   #4
502ss

Re: My 84 CC Dually mod thread - there will be plenty of pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk Will Smash View Post
Funny, I was just looking back through this thread to see if you were using the twin 20s and the 38 gal Sub tank or just the sub tank. I was thinking it would be cool to leave the 20s in there and run a transfer pump from the sub tank to one of the 20s... But probably safer, smarter to rig the sub tank to the TBI and then run transfer pumps from the 20s to that...

And even as I type this I can imagine myself driving down the road, looking into the rear view mirror and seeing fuel pouring out of my tail light because I forgot to shut off the transfer pump!
I am very happy I went with the single burb tank. After giving it a lot of thought there are several advantages...

1. I found I was only filling/using 1 tank because of the pain of having to move the truck to fill the second tank. This was even a bigger problem when towing the boat because I am usually only driving the truck when towing(not sure if that will still be the case now that it will be all customized )

2. I wanted a simpler setup, no fuel switch inside the truck, no transfer valve on the frame, etc.

3. Now I have a brand new tank, new sender and new lines. Plus it will have a cool filler!

4. Safer!

Unless you really need that much fuel onboard i would think about simplifying the install and maybe just going with the single burb tank. Just my 2 cents
Posted via Mobile Device

Big plans are coming!

My build thread HERE

Last edited by 502ss; 01-20-2011 at 08:23 PM.
502ss is offline   Reply With Quote