Thread: $143,000 truck
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #33
special-K
Special Order

Re: $143,000 truck

Sorry for the confusion. I clicked the link and saw everything about that Merchevy but the sale price,I guess. I was probably already loaded for bear after seeing a truck went for more as much as two Vettes,even at BJ. I guess if I could fill out my wish list of every 55-59 I've dreamed of I might add that one to my corral.
The $143k one is a beaut! It's mix-match,but hey! It's a custom and it's all Chebby. I see these buyers as fools too,personally. They are missing out on the whole experience of creating a fine piece. The only credit they can take is,"I bought it". Wow,how fulfilling is that? Even those who have it all done by others can take credit for the concept and hopefully some input through the process.
I see this stuff on BJ like this '55 and,if I like it,I get inspiration to do it myself. We hear,"You couldn't build it for this money",all the time,even at BJ. I don't care. I "want" to build it. That's where different strokes comes into play. But,I'm sure I could build that truck for a lot less than $143,000 and that's why,IMO,I think many of those buyers are fools. "I want it now" costs ya,as it should. If I was rich and saw that truck I'd go and have someone build it for $100,000. That's wise money management.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-22-2011 at 09:44 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote