View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 03:06 AM   #17
Erik V

Re: Resurrection of a Family Friend

So some cool update info:

DROVE under his own power tonight around the block. Brakes need bled but they function, turn signals worked in my garage but have now decided to quit, but the brake lights didnt work in my garage but do now.

Carb was overflowing itself with gas, found the float needed adjusted. So now even the Quadrajet seems to work great. Radiator has started to rot itself out from within, so looks like I gotta replace that. Anybody ran the ebay specials? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tchlink:top:en

Other than that, Dad said he'll sign the title over to me (still makes me an original owner as I understand it). He said he placed the order for it Christmas week 1970, and hoped it would make it to his hands by his Bday March 19. It actually showed up at the dealer on March 31, 1971.

Through its years, its had many engine combos, mostly 350s, one 400, and I think for a while a 305 or 350 V6 from the early 60's GM pickup era.

So anyways, thought I'd update that after 14 years, my first car when I was 16, is now my newest car. So of my collection, I'm 4 out of 5 running now. Once I source a radiator, bleed and inspect the brakes, install the front driveline, and get Collector Plates on it and insurance-its GO-TIME!

Erik
Erik V is offline   Reply With Quote