View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #14
2fast55

Re: Needed a new toy. Why a Blazer? Why NOT a Blazer?!?!

Most definitely going to have to get a northwest gathering going. I'm planning on having this thing on the road sometime this summer, and I'll still have a lot of other modifications left to do after that.

Here's where I'm at right now. Still stripping the chassis down to check it all out and make any necessary modifications and repairs before I throw paint at it. The bolts in the engine and trans crossmembers are mostly loose, or just missing altogether, so now I need to go buy a bunch of hardware to put the crossmembers back on with.

I love other people's repair work. There is a big plate behind this monster crack, but the way it is all done is kinda hokey. I happen to have a spare frame section off a C20, so I'm going to splice that on instead of trusting an old patch.

The extra frame section that came under a front clip that I bought just for the perfect sheetmetal and grille shell, and the axles that will be going back under once the frame is sorted out.

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein
2fast55 is offline   Reply With Quote