View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 11:12 AM   #7
short-t

Re: Stock air conditioning with LS swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR65 View Post
Short-T,

I am in the process of installing a vintageair evaporator in my 65 but I am trying to use the ECM to control the fans and the AC clutch like you are. I have a 2005 LS2 from an SSR (E40 ECM).

What it uses is a pressure transducer that the ECM uses to protect the compressor in case of over or under pressure. Then it uses the pressure values to determine when no fan, 1 fan, or 2 fans need to run. There are tables in the ECM that you can modify if you want.

So I bought the pressure transducer from GM and an adapter from Doc's Blocks and I am going to aluminum braze it in the compressor discharge line. I am using the stock LS2 Sanden scroll compressor that came with the engine.

That is the last part of my AC install so not quite finished.

TR
That should work, the switch you are talking about is a trinary switch. Gives the ok to the ecm for the compressor to come on and controls the sencond fan when pressures get to high within the system.

I've been trying to find this adaptor for my stock GM trinary switch, would you mind sharing the pn for it? Thanks, Greg

1968 C20 Custom Camper 396 50th survivor! SOLD to northerngmc
short-t is offline   Reply With Quote