View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 11:13 PM   #10
BlueJeep

Re: tbi fuel injection

It's really pretty easy. There is a large bundle of wires that goes off to the passenger side, these mainly go to the ECM. The other plug near the ECM (and white DRAC module) is the wires that go to the dash, so check engine light, brake input for TC, ALDL connector, A/C input, etc. Take as much of that wiring after the plug as you can get to, and cut it off. Also cut off the ALDL connector with as much wire as you can get with it. That's all you need from the inside unless you're going to take other stuff. On the firewall block side, unhook the block from the firewall and then you're good. Once the wiring is on the bench you can sort those out, but those are mainly power to coil, power to starter solenoid, gauge wires, and your hot all the time and the ignition hot wires to the ECM and sensors. To get it to run, really you just need to hook up the grounds, the oranges to hot all the time and the pink wires to ignition hot. I usually use the original engine wires for the coil, starter, and alternator because they're already tucked up in the loom for me, and I splice them at the firewall. Remember to fuse everything, and if you have the 1227747 ECM you don't need to do any programming for the emissions if you can live without the check engine light being hooked up...but it's always nice to have that stuff turned off if budget allows.

86 Suburban
88 Jeep 6.0 swap
49 Chevy truck
54 Chevy wagon

86 Suburban lowered 4/6
54 Chevy wagon
49 Chevy/s10 mix
88 Jeep Wrangler rockcrawler
BlueJeep is offline   Reply With Quote