View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 09:56 PM   #31
66Z71

Re: '62 BBW SWB Highschool ride returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
I hate it when I have days like that. Better luck tomorrow.......DP90 huh? Have you ever tried the NCP275? I don't use either anymore, but I had switched to the NCP from the DP series. The NCP doesn't have the isocyanyde and one other chemicle in it. I've found a less expensive epoxy primer that is just as good if not better. It's made by Northstar.

Are you tigging those patches in?

There are soo many different brands and part numbers of primers, I get overwhelmed trying to figure it all out. I've never used the NCP275 before, just the DP for bare metal primer & sealer. I read a lot about SPI epoxy primer & clear, but they don't have a rep in the area. If I felt more confident about what I was doing, I might order some and try it. But I just went with what the local paint guy recomended. He didn't try to sell me the top of the line on everything, and he sounded like he knew what he was talking about, so I'm trusting his judgment this time. I'll have to check the Northstar brand, maybe there is a rep here in town.

All the panels are TIG welded. I just love how nice & slow I can go with it. I always feel like I'm in a race with the MIG... squeeze & go as fast as I can so it doesn't burn a hole. With the TIG I can melt a drop of filler rod, then heat it up a bit, and flow it into a nice spot weld. So much easier.

Got everything bondo'd...

I know I'm no Steve Frisbie, but...

Nobody will know now Heck maybe I should have gone black ???
"Always try to make the best part you can with the skills you have. If it isn't good enough throw it away and make another. Every time you make a part your skill will increase and you'll make a better part than you were capable of making before." Lil John Buttera
66Z71 is offline   Reply With Quote