View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 08:55 PM   #30
hounddogs!
Restoring it $200 at a time...

Re: Ever lost a tool, then FOUND IT a long time later...

Kansas, 1999 or so. I brought the 2 year old out to help me replace the outside door handle on an '87 Accord. I got everything reinstalled, then for some reason I left the car before attaching the inside door panel. I returned later to button everything up and went on about my business.

Sometime later, I absolutely couldn't find a 10mm combo wrench, a socket, and needlenose pliers. I muttered around for a while then replaced them and went on with life.

Fast forward to 2001, Maine. The handle has broken again and it's time to replace it with the composite version, rather than pot metal. After dropping the new 10mm combo into the bottom of the door, I fish around and find two copies of it. The other missing items were in there as well. Apparently, the toddler found a good hidey-hole when the door panel was off and didn't want to spill the secret, even two years later.

'68 5.3L-4 speed LWB C20; grandpa bought it for the farm in '71. Now LS 5.3, rather than 327.

DD '09 Pilot

Weekender '65 Skylark 300-4V-4 speed

Wife's '07 Lexus ES350; 117 actuator motors and I can't see the engine.

Son's '04 F250 SuperCab 6.0

Last edited by hounddogs!; 02-27-2011 at 08:57 PM.
hounddogs! is offline   Reply With Quote