View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 04:47 PM   #820
Frizzle Fry

Re: '66 Sunbeam Minx Project - F20C/6sp/4-link/Discs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454_72_4X4 View Post
I think everybody would agree that that depends on how you look at it. Performance, maybe not supercar level, but definately fun!
Build quality, definately supercar level!
No carbon fiber or titanium to speak of ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by watahyahknow View Post
i think people would be suprized , i suspect the first drive is going to get the seat firmly wedged between the butcheeks its a realy light car with good gearing it will go fast for sure but like i said at a certan speed the air hitting the car will feel like tapioca pudding
Yeah, I'll have fun with it in the twisties. No need to find top speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
I think it looks great and the lower profile tires will help in the handling dept also...
This is definitely a pro for the 35s
Quote:
Originally Posted by inovermyhead View Post
Frizzle I think the tires look great on there. I'd say run them until you need new ones and that should give you enough time to decide if you want more meat on the sides. And by the way things are turning out on this car I'd say it won't be long until you do need new ones
I was kinda leaning that direction too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Pickup View Post
Ok I went too far with the Bugatti, but my need to see how she'll perform in a video, still stands!! Your changes are so cool and extreme seeing it at work would be fun. Test and tune track day would produce a cool you tube moment without putting the car at risk.

The math says super car, how close did you get???
Well, I received and estimate weight of the old 1725 at 450lbs from a Hillman lister. Seems high. He also thought the alloy 6sp would be approx 50lbs lighter than the old auto. So for the sake of simple math lets give it 2100lbs. To achieve the same lb/hp ratio as the Veyron (4.2), the Minx would need 500hp flat

There will be a drive vid, fo sho!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor View Post
I agree. Run them at first to get a feel. Everyone is different. I had a 93 Honda Civic HB Si that came with 185/60/14 stock. Nice ride but squishy in the corners. I then ran 195/50/15 - great ride and good handling in the corners. I then ran 195/45/16 - bad ride but amazing in the corners. So, overall I enjoyed the tires with 50% aspect ratio. They gave the best ride and handling, BUT that was for my taste.
I may just do that. Saves some extra hassle too. I checked it out again today. Looks f'n sweet (if I do say so ).

Bad news: I will be travelling for work some more over the next couple months, so ole project driftbeam will slow down again. I'll be making a list of additional parts needed and order now to avoid further delay...

Last edited by Frizzle Fry; 03-28-2012 at 04:43 AM.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote